Quality Control Specialist for Fruit and Vegetables (m/f)
- ensuring the quality of fresh fruit and vegetables during goods receiving in the warehouse (inspection involves quality, quantity, label, maturity, condition, grade, packaging, container and shipping conditions)
- setting standards and monitoring the legal regulations for fresh fruits and vegetables
- tracking inventory status at warehouse and cooperation with logistic provider
- communication with domestic and foreign suppliers on daily basis
- processing of quality complains towards stores as well as solving all other issues related to the fruit and vegetables assortment
- take proper actions if products do not meet standard quality requirements
- documenting product deficiencies in order to send them back to suppliers
- recording and reporting quality and supplier performance
- developing relationships and cooperation with stores, sales, logistics and purchasing departments
- suggesting and counselling the purchasing department regarding assortment selection
- at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Agronomy or Food Technology
- at least 2 years of similar working experience
- excellent knowledge of the fruit and vegetables assortment
- proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- good knowledge of English; knowledge of Italian is an asset, but is not a requirement
- good communication skills and the ability to engage and build relationships with suppliers and other departments within the company
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- possibility to work in the start-up phase of the business in Croatia
- collaborative environment where skills and talents are nurtured
- continuous education and competency development
- stimulating compensation package
Eurospin is an Italian discount store chain specialized in sales of food products and everyday purchase. Their business network currently counts over 1150 stores in Italy and Slovenia and over 15.000 employees, with the aim of expanding to other countries in the region.
What characterizes Eurospin is the fact that it is the only discount store chain in Europe to sell exclusively its own products. In fact, there are no classic brands in Eurospin stores that can be found in any other supermarkets, only products designed and carefully selected by the team of Eurospin experts through the network of selected partners.
Eurospin fosters personal and professional growth by developing the potential and aspirations of its employees. The company constantly engages in the development of its human resources by investing in training, so the energy and creativity of individuals finds full expression for the realization of their potential.
For their quality control depart, we are searching for a motivated, devoted and reliable person to join their welcoming and forward-thinking team.
If you think you have the needed experience and expertise and would like to join Eurospin, then we are ready to meet you. Please send us your resume in English until Monday, 11th January 2021.
All applications will be processed with the highest confidentiality guaranteed.