By holding this position, you will be responsible for providing financial and accounting leadership to the Croatian entity ensuring full compliance with Group policies and control framework. You are expected to continually raise the quality and focus of financial reporting, accounting, business performance and optimize the liquidity position. By leading a high quality team of accounting specialists, you will ensure that a high level of service to fellow colleagues, customers, suppliers and all other stakeholders is continually provided. You will also be appointed a company Management Team Member in Croatian entity.
Your other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting team (3 members) to ensure an efficient and effective accounting operation, delivering exceptional service at an optimized cost.
- Ensure the filing of all statutory accounts, tax returns and other required tax and statistical information is completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure the provision, to Group Finance, monthly financial results (P & L, Balance Sheet & cash-flow) to provide Group with key and relevant financial performance information to allow meaningful assessment and challenge of the company performance.
- To manage the preparation for the annual financial audit, act as the key contact and ensure all necessary supporting information is available.
- Support the General Manager to improve the accounting processes and local policies ensuring compliance with legislative frameworks, Group policies and local legislation.
- Define processes and procedures as a starting point for the team and create the calendar of duties and deadlines.
- Manage relations with banks, insurers and other business/financial partners, looking for the best opportunities for the company.
- At least 10 years of experience in accounting with at least 5 years of relevant management/team lead experience in accounting preferably in an international company and/or with exposure to a commercial environment.
- Adequate education (e.g. Bachelor of Finance and Accounting etc.) with strong accounting skills.
- Extensive knowledge about Croatian accounting and finance related acts (HSFI), IFRS and operational procedures in running mid-size companies.
- Fluent in English (mandatory); strong computer skills (Excel primarily); driving license.
- Experience with financial reporting, forecasting and planning process.
- Possesses management skills (analytical thinking, making decisions, focus on the result, business judgment).
- Able to lead and manage a team (experience of leading a diverse and multi-site team is an advantage).
- Independent in work and able to work under pressure; hands-on approach.
- Able to deal effectively with conflicting demands to tight timescales and a demanding workload.
- Great organizational skills with systematic, professional and responsible approach to all work assignments, resulting in thorough and accurate work.
Our client is a global service provider with numerous operating sites worldwide and offices located globally.
If you think you have the needed experience and expertise and would like to join the global company then we are ready to meet you. Please send us your resume together with a short motivation letter in English until April 30th, 2021.
All applications will be processed with highest confidentiality guaranteed.
Smart Group d.o.o. Your personal information from the above form (name and surname, gender, date of birth, contact number, e-mail address, zip code and residence / residence) as well as the information you provide in your resume is processed solely for job search purposes. We process your information until you request that we exclude you from our base of candidates. Additional information on the protection of personal data is available on these pages at https://smartgroup.hr/en/privacy-policy.