Chief Technical Officer/CTO (m/f)
The CTO will be leading the IT department operationally and strategically in order to ensure the development and procurement of the corporate strategy and vision, product development, innovation, digital transformation, and R&D initiatives. This person will ensure alignment of the company's technology resources with the organization's short- and long-term goals, as well as to other departmental and organizational objectives.
The CTO is in charge of leadership of IT teams (both internal and external) and ensures strategies and plans for people development, mentoring and coaching within the IT department, where he/she creates and oversees high-level KPIs for continuous performance tracking and evaluation, whereas for new team members, the CTO is involved in the recruiting, onboarding and training of newly hired IT managers.
Some of the CTO’s other main responsibilities are:
- Managing the department's budget
- Directing and organizing the work of the operational teams, effectively managing and increasing teams’ velocity
- Effectively managing IT projects by optimizing turnaround times of software development, deployment, bugs and tickets
- Improve operational efficiency through auditing and Quality Assurance
- Ensuring accurate operational documentation
- Increasing customer satisfaction rates.
The CTO reports to the Board members and in this capacity, provides continuous feedback and input on technology development status, operational performance, progress and alignment with the company’s vision and mission, and recommends further development strategies and initiatives.
For this position the client is open to various remote/office work models.
The candidate has at least 3 years of relevant managerial experience and/or technical leadership success.
In addition to this, the CTO has knowledge/prior experience with servers, DMS (Document Management Systems), and mailing systems. Experience with Salesforce is considered a strong advantage.
- The ideal candidate is a good communicator, passionate about team contributions and seeks to be involved in organizational development
- Has high-level managerial, project management and trouble-shooting skills
- Has a hands-on approach to work
- A good communicator
- Thorough and detail-oriented way of approach of work assignments
- Reliable and able to work independently.
Our client is a global forerunner in the area of Open Access books. The company is passionate about research and in their search for excellence, they are looking for a motivated CTO to contribute to their mission and join them at the forefront of their scientific journey.
If you think you have the needed experience and expertise and would like to be part of our client’s success story, apply for a chance to dive into a new professional endeavor. We are ready to meet you.
Please send us your resume together with a motivational letter in English until February 18th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be processed with guaranteed highest level of confidentiality.