Financial Controller / Head of European Financial Shared Service Centre (m/f)
By holding this position, you will be responsible for providing financial leadership to the Croatian entity and companies in Eastern Europe region and European Financial Shared Service Centre teams ensuring full compliance with Group policies and control framework. You are expected to continually raise the quality and focus of financial reporting, business performance and optimize the liquidity position. By developing and leading a high quality team of finance and accounting specialists, you will ensure that a high level of service to fellow colleagues, customers, suppliers and all other stakeholders is continually provided.
If you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team, you will be appointed also a company Board Member in Croatian entity.
Your other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the provision, to Group Finance, Croatia and EE entities monthly financial results (P & L, Balance Sheet, Capital monitoring, working capital performance & cash-flow) to provide Group with key and relevant financial performance information to allow meaningful assessment and challenge of the company performance. To lead the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts across the Croatia and EE entities.
- To manage the preparation for the annual financial audit for the Croatia and EE businesses, act as the key contact and ensure all necessary supporting information is available.
- Ensure the filing of all statutory accounts, tax returns and other required tax and statistical information is completed accurately and on time.
- Manage the finance team (9 members) to ensure an efficient and effective finance operation, delivering exceptional service at an optimized cost.
- Support the Regional CFO-Europe to improve the accounting processes and local policies ensuring compliance with legislative frameworks, Group policies and local legislation.
- Support the optimization of working capital and promote best practice management. Seek to improve the quality and visibility of working capital performance measures and work with the team to improve them.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures in line with Group and Local policies, ensure appropriate insurances as determined at a group level are in place to safeguard the assets of company
- Manage and develop relations with banks, insurers and other business/financial partners, looking for the best opportunities for the company
- Lead and continuously develop an efficient credit control, effectively manage and developing cooperation with external credit partners; monitor setting up appropriate customer credit limits, review bad debts collections and decide on actions required.
- Support the Regional CFO.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance with at least 5 years of relevant management experience in finance/accounting/controlling preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Holding a recognized formal accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA equivalent) is an advantage.
- Commercial experience including compilation of project plans and/or investment opportunities is a plus.
- Experience in setting-up and leading an international Shared Service Center organization with focus on continuous improvement and internal control is an advantage.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are mandatory, both in Croatian and English.
- Computer literate and ideally experience of working with an ERP system; advanced Excel skills required.
- Able to lead, manage and develop a team (a local experience of leading a diverse and multi-site team would be desirable).
- Good team-working and interpersonal skills with evidence of prior effective involvement in cross-functional business teams.
- Able to deal effectively with conflicting demands to tight timescales and a demanding workload.
- An enquiring mind with a drive to succeed, deliver excellence and effectively manage change.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility in defining priorities and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Great organizational skills with systematic, professional and responsible approach to all work assignments, resulting in thorough and accurate work.
Our client is a global chemical company with several manufacturing sites worldwide and offices located globally.
If you think you have the needed experience and expertise and would like to join the global company then we are ready to meet you. Please send us your resume together with a short motivation in English until Friday, 29 January 2021. Interviews with the client will be held in English.
All applications will be processed with highest confidentiality guaranteed.
Smart Group d.o.o. Your personal information from the above form (name and surname, gender, date of birth, contact number, e-mail address, zip code and residence / residence) as well as the information you provide in your resume is processed solely for job search purposes. We process your information until you request that we exclude you from our base of candidates. Additional information on the protection of personal data is available on these pages at https://smartgroup.hr/en/privacy-policy.